The images are obtained by placing a digital camera on the track and taking a photograph at each s88 detection point. A really nice advantage is that one can also digitally edit the images and remove background items etc. In the example above I removed a train room window from the sky! In hidden areas of the layout, tunnels and even fictitious scenes can be used.
In addition to the track image I also display the following:
- Name of the train
- Name of the track that the train is on.
- Current speed expressed in km/h
- Speed limit for the current section of track (displayed in Lf7 format - black number on a white board with black edge - 5 means 50Km/h)
- Graphical speed display, showing:
- Speed limit of the train (minimum speed limit of each loco in the train) as a red line
- Current speed (blue bar)
- Desired speed for the train (purple bar)
- For each loco in the train I show its name, digital address and functions. Clicking on a function toggles it on or off, functions that are on, are shown in bold.
Here is another example...
The white stuff on the left of the picture is Styrofoam - part of a mountain that is under construction.